Today I thought I would replenish my baby stash of cards. I wanted to make some simple cards, and had purchased some cling stamps (pictured below) from AliExpress. They are so cute and I wanted to incorporate this into a baby card……somehow. I like to stamp my images with a coloured Pigment Ink and emboss with clear embossing powder. (I love the Ranger Super Fine Clear Embossing Powder) This way it helps me when colouring with different techniques, to stay within the lines. By stamping with a coloured Ink, and adding a clear embossing powder also means that you don’t have to have every colour embossing powder under the sun. I wish I would’ve learnt that earlier in my crafting Journey. Very rarely do I use a coloured Embossing Powder. Below is a list of Supplies and a Process of how I put the card together.
List of Supplies
- Textured Paper in Blue and Pink (K Mart Brand – Creativ)
- AliExpress Baby Stamps – (Description) 1Pc New Cute Girls Animals Dogs Bear Transparent Rubber Clear Stamp Seal Sheet Cling Scrapbooking DIY Decoration Tools
- AliExpress It’s a Girl Dies –(Description) 52*50mm Word It’s A Girl Script Metal Dies Cutting Creat Embossing Scrapbooking Craft Die Cut Art Stamp Paper Stencil
- It’s a Girl Dies –(Description) 52*50mm Word It’s A Boy Script Metal Dies Cutting Creat Embossing Scrapbooking Craft Die Cut Art Stamp Paper Stencil
- Assorted Card Stock – Please see card stock below with relevant sizes that is needed.
- Fiskars cutter
- PVA Glue
- Foam Tape
- Double side Stick-it
- Double sided adhesive tape
- Prisma Pencils
- Distress Markers
- Distress Crayons
- Sizzix Big Shot
Card Stock (use the colour that you want)
- One piece of White Card Stock measuring 14.8cm x 21cm (This will be the base of your card)
- One piece of Blue or Pink card stock – 9.9cm x 14.3cm
- Four pieces of Blue or Pink Card Stock – 2.8 cm square
- One piece Blue or Pink Polka Dot paper – 13.8cm x 9.5cm
- One piece of colour card stock that is the size of your word die.
- One piece of White Card Stock that’s big enough to stamp your images on to.
- Cut all the card stock so this is ready to use throughout the process
- Die Cut the word dies, and get them ready. I use stick-it to the back of the card stock, this makes it easier to stick the Die cuts to the front of the card.
- Stamp images onto the piece of card stock that you have chosen for stamping, using an inkpad that will stay wetter, longer. I use black ink.
- Apply a clear embossing powder and heat set with the heat gun. This will give the stamped images a raised finish and when you colour, the colour will stay within the lines.
- You can either colour the images, or leave them as a stamped image.
- Colour images with desired colours and method. I used Distressed Crayons with a water brush, and I also used Distress Markers and on one image, I used some Prisma pencils.
- Once the images have been coloured, cut them out.
- Using foam tape, stick the images onto the 2.8cm square coloured card stock, and set aside.
- Assemble your card as per YouTube video below.
I hope this has helped in inspiring you to create some cute baby cards.
thanks for stopping by, and see you real soon.
Until next time………Happy Crafting.