I’m making a birthday card today, and I’m going to use some dies differently to make a different type of fish tail on banners. I love finding ways to stretch my supplies further.
Tip 1 – Buy White cotton, twine, thread, anything white and use either Distress Spray Stain, Reinkers, even food colouring to colour your thread the colour you want.
Tip 2 – Look at your dies you have and can you use part of the die to make different fish tails? This technique with use the partial die cutting method. Check out my YouTube video how I do this. It’s fun to see whatelse you can do with your dies.
Supplies used: –
- Navy Cardstock – 10cm x 14.4cm & 5cm x 15cm (PortaCraft Brand)
- Cream Cardstock – 14.9cm x 21cm (scored at 10.5cm) & 4cm x 15cm (PortaCraft Brand)
- Light Blue Cardstock – 9.5cm x 13.9cm (PortaCraft Brand)
- PVA Glua
- Embossing Clear Powder Clear (Rangers)
- Crystal Craft Ink Pad – AliExpress
- Cling Stamp – AliExpress
- Best Mom Ever – AliExpress –
- Cherry Lynn Die – Son
- Star Dies – KaiserCraft
- Double side adhesive tape
- Distress Oxide – Faded Jeans
- Tonic Tim Holtz Stamping platform
- Heat gun
- Crotchet Cotton white
- Distress Spray Stain – Broken China
- Blending Tool
- Antique button
- Glue Dot
Card size finish was a 14.5cm x 10cm, but you can use any size that want.
Please head over to my YouTube Channel to see how I put this card together.
How you can connect with me
- Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/HandcraftedByAlii/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/handcraftedbyali/
- Pinterest – https://au.pinterest.com/alihavard/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO1-DJVc2vkBcJYi52qmdJQ
Thanks for stopping by, and hope to see you real soon.
Happy crafting. 🙂