I’ve decided to make a simple, but effective Anniversary card today. By die cutting into the solid colour and adding some patterned colour paper behind, the colour will peak through the die cut area. This is an effective way of making a simple card stand out. I have also made the card a 14cm square instead of the conventional 10 ½ x 15cm card. I also make my own envelopes which help me create any size card I want.
You can see the process that I used on my YouTube channel below. From deciding the paper that I used to the Label that I made. When I start, I know the dimensions and colour of the card I want it to be, but then by grabbing some dies and stamps, I go through and see what would look good. This is where my imagination sometimes runs wild and inspiration kicks in. Sometimes when I make a card, I don’t know where I’m going to end up.
If you have seen my Craft-room tour on YouTube, you’ll notice that I have my Dies next to me on my desk and my stamps aren’t too far away either. This also helps using supplies that I have, where I can draw inspiration from.
When I finish making cards, I also make the envelope. I use the We R Memory Keepers 1-2-3 punch board, which I absolutely love. I can make any size envelope, which means I’m not restricted to the size card to make. It’s easy to use, and I use the Envelope Generator app to help me get the right size envelope.
Supplies used: –
- Quill Card Stock – Colour 16 Turquoise 14cm square
- White Card Stock – Portacraft Brand – measuring 15cm x 30cm (score at 15cm to make a square card)
- Creativ – Kmart Paper Pad – paper cut to 13.8 cm
- Versamark Ink
- Stampin Up Ink Pad – Black
- Wow Opaque White Super Fine Embossing Powder
- Ranger Clear Embossing Powder
- Metal Background Die – AliExpress
- Metal Label Stitched Dies – AliExpress
- Clear Stamp – AliExpress
- Double sided Adhesive
- PVA glue
Envelope Supplies: –
- 123 Punch Board by WRMK
- White light weight Paper (Photocopy paper is great for this)
- Double-side Adhesive.
Below is the link to my process video.
until next time…….Happy Crafting.