I’m here today to show you how I get more out of my metal dies. I just don’t use them just for die cutting card stock, but I look to see if I can cut them out of plastic, making my own stencils. The metal dies that I’m using today is from AliExpress, and these are perfect as they are economically cheaper than buying the actual stencil. So really I’m getting a two for one sort of deal.
- Assorted AliExpress dies
- Sizzix Big Shot Die Cutting Machine
- Sizzix Precision Plate Form
- Sizzix Magnetic Plate
- We R Memory Keepers Picker
- Cheap Plastic Clear Envelopes (Acetate doesn’t really work well from my experience, it’s not pliable and when using modelling paste, it does seep though the underside)
- Mont Marte Modelling Paste
- Store Plastic Card
- Card Stock
- Tim Holtz Distress Spray Stains
Tip – When I use modeling paste and I’m using a few stencils, I have a bowl of water close by that I can put my stencils into, saving me the time cleaning up after each time I stencil. The water keeps the modeling paste from not drying out and ruining the stencils.
I hope that you enjoyed my process video and that you got some value from this.
Please subscribe, share, like and comment.
- You can connect with me via
- Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/HandcraftedByAlii/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/handcrafted_by_ali/
- Website – www.handcraftedbyali.com
- Pinterest – https://au.pinterest.com/alihavard/
Thanks for stopping by, and see you soon.
Happy crafting. 🙂