Today I’m going to do a twist with my Valentine Projects, and this will be a Mixed Media Heart Journal in the shape of a heart. I used various items such as Washi tape, brads, stickers and sentiment stamps. You can use whatever you have in your stash. Other items you could use would be napkins, magazine cutouts, paint, sprays……the list is endless.
Supplies used: –
- Red cardstock
- Black cardstock
- White cardstock
- Washi Tape
- Word metal dies
- Heart Shape metal dies
- Mod Podge Gloss
- Tim Holtz Distress Glaze, this helps prevent the pages sticking together.
- WRMK Hole Punch
- Clear Embossing Powder
- Heat Gun
- Sizzix Big Shot
My cards will measurements 10cm
Putting the card together: –
- Firstly I cut out 9 heart shapes out of red cardstock
- Cut 9 small heart shapes out in white light weight paper
- Die cut the sentiments. I used and adapted some of my sentiments such as “Best Mum Ever” to “Best Valentine Ever”. Look to see what word dies that you may have that you can carefully cut a word away and replace it with another word, like I did.
- Die cut decorative dies out.
- Stamp any sentiments onto the white heart shape cardstock with VersaFine Black ink and apply clear embossing powder then heat set. This gives a beautiful finish to the stamp.
- Once the entire die cutting has been done, all that left is to put this together and have fun.
- I used Mod Podge Gloss to stick my elements down.
- Decorate with Washi Tape, stickers, brads etc
- Once all the pages are completed, apply some Tim Holtz distress glaze to each side of the hearts and gently rub with a clean cloth. This helps prevent the pages sticking together.
- Hole punch the bottom of each heart approximately 2cm from the bottom tip.
- Use the Brad and twine to join the 9 hearts together. Tie the twine into a bow.
- Once completed, give it with love to your Valentine.
How you can connect with me
- Facebook page – https://www.facebook.com/HandcraftedByAlii/
- Instagram – https://www.instagram.com/handcrafted_by_ali/
- Pinterest – https://au.pinterest.com/alihavard/
- YouTube – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCO1-DJVc2vkBcJYi52qmdJQ
Thanks for stopping by, and hope to see you real soon.
Happy crafting. 🙂